Thursday, August 23, 2012

DayZ - Day 4 - Dying Sucks Donkey Balls.

DayZ - Day 4, Dying sucks donkey balls.

When I had logged into DayZ, I had found myself back at one of the starting points on the beach. I was no longer in the woods, where I was hiding behind some bushes and was planing to go to the grocery store that I had stabled on. I felt slightly annoyed at the game since my blood (health) was low (about 5k, which means a zombie or player can very easily one hit kill me if I am not careful) and that trip to the grocery store would of helped quite a bit if it had food to help regain some of my blood. I had then decided to head back into the mountains and scavenge for more food and drink since checking towns near by is pure suicidal since bandits liked to poach survivors there. I had a feeling that my luck may of have ran out from the terrible ambush from douchebag macgee and his bandit butt buddies.

http://c15213273.r73.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/sandbox-mmo-games-dayz-town-screenshot.jpg
Side note: After some research I found out that it is VERY common bug to spawn back at the beach.

After 30 minutes of me running through the forest, I had noticed a red broken Chain Icon on the bottom right corner of my screen. I wasn't exactly sure what it meant at the time but I had figured that it was really bad ping but I didn't think much since the town I was about to
                                                                                    enter  only had 2/2 Zeds on my debug screen.

After going into two buildings and finding bugger all, One of the Zeds had seen me and charged yelling, so I put that puppy down with two shots from my Winchester. The other zed had heard my gun shot and came running on all fours. I backed into the house and fired from the door way, killing it with a head shot. Now the town had zero zombies. So I thought I could move quickly and check the other buildings before they re-spawn again.

I thought wrong.

While Crouching, I had ran around, looking for entrances into other buildings for supplies. What I had vaguely noticed was that chain icon went to yellow, Then white and then vanished in under 10 seconds. So I went around another building and entered back to the main road (that ran through the town) so I could check the final two buildings, the zombies count had jumped from a population of two dead zeds to 120 zeds.

Side Note: What I had learned later is that chain is like your Ipod connected to your PC, My ping was fine but I wasn't reading/sync with the server, so the game was running on my end with just two zombies until it snapped me back and all the zombies in the town that on the server side was 120.

When I ran behind one of the buildings and saw these zombies, Three thoughts had went through my mind at that moment.

1. They spawned all arounded me and about 10 to 12 so far had spotted me.
2. I am in open area and defensive area is a house that I can enter that is five houses away. If i ran there, I may have a chance to attracting more.
3. I only had two more rounds until I needed to change my ammo clip and my Winchester rifle had 3ish clips.

After a second on reflecting my situation, I had decided to retreat back to the house and risk getting attacked that i can enter and take them down there since standing in the opening would be a quick ending. The zombies were running at me from all sides of the town. No longer crouching, I back pedaled and fired at the two zeds that were almost at arm reaching distance and they both fell to the floor like lifeless dolls.

I ran around the corner back onto the main road, Swearing my head off at the monitor for being stuck in this shit, as I killed another zombie with my Winchester rifle. I was now only 3 houses away, I kept running while I spun head around looking for any surprises like more zeds or worse a bandit.

Three zombies had seen me from the field on the opposite side of the house and all three made a gargled noise. I took one of the three down with a clean shot but my second shot had completely missed. I listened as the others came charging around the corner, moaning and yelling nonsensical noises which sounded like they were cheering and jeering at me, Daring me to continue to stand in the open and fire at them.

I ran past some rubble and my character shook wildly and made a painful moan. I kept running but looked back in free view mode, a crawler zed was hiding behind the rubber had either bitten or hit me, causing me to bleed. He took a good chunk of 700 blood away from me which is not good since my health was so low. Out of sheer frustration on getting hit by that asshole crawler, I had stopped and then turned and shot it dead on the floor, After I fired I turned my attention on how close the other zeds were so I fired my rifle and killed the two that came from the field and then fired the rest of my clip at the charging crowd, After I downed a few more of the ghouls, I was once again was forced to  reload and flee back to the safety of the house.

I made it to the house but I still bleeding and losing health. I bandaged quickly, I noticed that my health is now 4030. The zeds ran into the door way but all were stuck in a zombie traffic jam.

I fired my Winchester through the already smashed windows, downing seven of them with head shots but missing on the last shot. Feeling pissed off at myself for missing on that last, I pulled out my pistol that had two full clips on standby and got ready for the undead to walk into the room.

Each Zombie fell as they walked but not as easily or fast compared to my Winchester rifle, that is now empty. I had to spend 3 to 4 bullets per zombie and the issue was that there were seven zed heads left.  After downing the first 3 with my pistol, I backed up and reloaded but I couldn't back any further since I walked back into the kitchen table.

Two started beating on me, making my character shake and scream. I moved around the table while firing at them and killed the two that had beaten me. Again, 3 to 4 bullets hit them and they dropped to the floor lifeless once again, I walked back into the wall and kept firing until the last corpse had dropped.

My character was shaking, bleeding and only had 650 life left. I bandaged myself and then fainted, After I tried to eat but it wasn't enough to stop making my character to  faint. I limped out into the street and looked at the trail of the bodies. I knew I was going to die but boy, I took down the whole town and it's mother.

I crawled to the field and stared at the sky and died.

1 comment:

  1. DayZ is a bitch. Even when you've actually come far then you'll end up having to deal with bandits.
    Piece of shit game. Playing this game is more hurting then fun. As in 95% pure pain and frustration.
    - Whyamibzsdmh

    ReplyDelete