Tuesday, August 21, 2012

DayZ - Day 3 Bandits, Towns and Running.



 

DayZ  Day 3 - Bandits, Towns and running.


So, I once again had spawned at the beach and made my way to Balota (unknowingly) with hopes on getting a weapon and some supplies. My visit to Balota had opened my eyes to the life and combat situations that I will have to injure for the rest of my days playing DayZ.

What I had learned was:

1. Prone (aka Crawling on your belly) around town is not fun thing to do at start and can be nerve racking, like french kissing a power outlet.  Crawling around makes A LOT of Audio noise but fear not that is just the audio we hear. If you in DayZ, look on the right side of the screen you will see a green ear graphic showing no noise while crawling on any surface (i posted a picture to the right to give you an idea. So the zombies won't hear you but can see you if you are too close,
 just like the media when Rosey o'donald waddles onto the red carpet.

2. Grocery Stores are a great place to scavenge. I crawled straight to the store where I found a shot gun and 2 clips for it, with some bandages, soda and food.

3. Be paranoid, People are watching and listening, especially if you are killing zeds. Even though I was crouching inside the grocery store, a walker had detected me through the window and told his mates about my location so I was up to my neck in about ten zeds. After slaying them all and having my shot gun now empty of it's shells I decide to flee before more have respawned. As I left the town, i met another player just out side the town in the forest running up to me.

4. Trust no one, especially chatty little douche bags.

Douche with no weapon: "Hey, hey, friendly, friendly!"

Me pointing my empty shot gun at him: "hey"

Douche: "hey, I saw you in the town killing the zombies and I thought this guy is very cool to hang with and I thought he may need a friend."

Me: "I don't, thanks."

Douche: "ah, wait, don't go" *he went quiet*  "d.did you find any thing good?".

 *I hear crunching noise of foot steps, so i turned around and I turned and sprinted back down the hill while zig zagging to town*

 Douche: "Don't go, shit he's running".


The douche was trying to distract me, most likely to see if i was a lone or his friends were lagging behind. I had a very strong feeling that they were talking each other in skype. As i ran back to town, i heard bullets being fired at me from behind. I got hit but I kept running, The hit did cause me to bleed but it the bullet only took some health away. I looked behind myself in free view mode and I had that I had a good thirty second lead from them since the two bandits where standing and firing (note: just like the first three resident evil games, you can not run and shoot). I ran around a few corners of some buildings, then crouched behind a building and tended to my bleeding with my bandages.

This what happened all in a few seconds. One of them, in bandit gear, had found me while i crawled back into the store (my plan was to slip through the back and leg it) and stood there on the road and fired his pistol. Zombies were spawning near by and charged at him.

As planned, I crouched ran through the store and exited through the back and went into the forest, I turned and watched the zombie fight. The douche was dead on the street and while his bandit friends were kiting about five zeds in circles while stopping now and again to fire at them but they seem to not beable to kill any of the zombies there well.

One bandit had quit the game, while the other ran away from the zeds.

The douche then started to insult me in global voice chat, telling me that his friends would own my ass and so on, when they see me. I didn't Respond and I decided to head north-ish.

TIP:
http://i.imgur.com/a6NcF.png
This is a Bandit, Notice the bandana over their face, their outfit is also a grayish white. Bandits who murderers human players who either did it on purpose or defensively. Some bandits have a code that they won't kill fellow bandit (but this is dayz, trust no one) You can stop being a bandit by bandaging and giving blood transfusions to other players.




No comments:

Post a Comment