Monday, August 20, 2012

Dayz 1 Part 1 - The clusterfuck AKA file problems.


 

DAYZ - Day 1, Part 1


Death. Apocalypse. Yogurt. Zombies.

So after taking a large interest in DAYZ by reading, watching and mostly listening to people talk about it, I had finally decided to download the Arma 2 Pack deal from Steam.

I have a strong history of playing with modified games and with that experience, I had a gut feeling that I will be screaming at my monitor for hours on end, Not because a player sniped my noob ass from behind a tree or that I ran out of bullets and became zombie chowder but with common issues with installing and running the game and mod. Foresight is a bitch.

People recommend using "With6" or "Dayz Commander" to run the game DayZ but I was one of the unlucky few that when it loaded servers, it would disconnect my DSL for about seven minutes while it populates servers.

SO.

If  you are getting this error from trying to run Arma Operation Arrowhead (Purchased from steam) when trying to launch the game with error messages that say "Error Compiling pixel shader"  or something or missing file then.

A.
Go to Arma 2,
Copy the addons into  Arma 2 Arrowhead operations folder.

Or you can do B.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqTwbn22Jqs

If A and B fails, Then Do B first then A.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment