Friday, September 14, 2012

DayZ - Maps = Free Loot and transport

Having a Map in DayZ is like eating a blue berry pie fresh from the oven with home made ice cream dobbed on the side.

"What am I rambling about? It's just a map for [Insert Figure head of religion that was murdered] sake?" You may ask. Yes it's a map but it has another purpose.

A lot of players in DayZ are well, to be honest, are more stupid than the zeds hocked up on bath salts. When you get map, you can leave notes you want (On the picture on the right side i wrote "Homeless Joe" on one server). There is a small problem when you do this, Every one who owns the in-game map can read all notes on that server. So many times I had found that people had left notes that said "Camp" or "ATV" or my favorite one "My back up gear".

When I had found these treasures on the map, I mosey on over to the locations and help myself or just go for a joy ride. Tonight, I had found a hacker's ATV that had 3 golden guns, 5 gillies, tons of other crap that was unattainable in DayZ. I decided to help ease the hacker's guilty conscious by taking that evil ATV for a ride and so I had rode off with it into the sunset, a few minutes later, I had found the ATV's new home, A pond. And so I parked the ATV at the bottom of the lake. Most likely the hacker will just make another ATV but hopefully battleye might catch them.

My advice for you DayZ'ers is only use the in-game map's notes if you want to share information to other people like, Broken Truck. So when people who looking for vehicles can find it easier to repair it they can read it on the ingame map. If you want hide your stash or vehicles from the world, then use coordinates and write them down on a piece of paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment